Friday, April 03, 2009

Misunderstanding: The path to new ideas

Isn't it frustrating that people misunderstand each other all the time?

At one point I though that all the problems people have communicating were holding us back. Even though a person has a brilliant idea, he might be the only one who truly understands it. A lot is lost in translation. Wouldn't the world just be magnificent if you just had to tell people things once and they would understand. There is just one little problem with this illusion. If we all just understood each other there would be little reason to interpret what you hear and come up with new ideas. Perception has a big role here.

So, the next time you are annoyed with somebody because they just don't get what you are saying to them or by people that can't explain anything in an easy manner, remember it is for a better cause. EVOLUTION! Even the simplest things can be misunderstood and will likely be. It is the reason we have come so far.

I have many times wished that I instantly could grasp the ideas of some of the great thinkers. Instead I have to read a lot of books and spend a lot of time interpreting what is written. My main source of inspiration comes from information that I don't understand.
My theory is that most ideas spring from existing ones that were misunderstood.

No comments:

Post a Comment