I have recently taken the MCPD in windows development, and now I have the time to think about what I want to take on next. I have a whole list of things I want to accomplish during the next year or so. Chances are that I will do something completely different. :)
- Take at least one more MCP certification.
- Ruby on Rails. I have been briefly introduced to this.. I want to know more!!!
- Workflow. This is a new way of thinking, programming across requests. It's programming closer to the domain model.
- Consolidate my design preferences in a framework or tool. I generally go for the big picture and I don't want to be too constrained by a given technology on a project. However I think I need to settle a bit (just a little :))
- Take a class in enterprise architecture. Why not just read books and blogs and figure it out myself? The advantage of taking classes is that I use dedicated time on it a and I will hopefully be in a study group that will force a bit of commitment from me.
- Make a small program, package it as a Debian package and deploy it to my own repository. This is just something I need to do because I think it is cool. :)